Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Geass discussion Thread

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Code Geass discussion Thread

Please post your comments, questions, and/or feel free to discuss the fanfiction Dirge of Daedalus here on this thread.

Thank you

-Kodai
    All things in moderation...

Moderator rank = Yesod (foundational Acolyte) LadyWarrior's Avatar
    On the wrong planet, in the wrong time frame, and in the wrong body.
    Please direct any editing mistakes or comments to the copy editor of Dirge of Daedalus (LadyWarrior). I am using MAHQ for spellings of KnightMare Frames, etc. and the R2 guidebook for the spellings of character names.

Thank you
    -LadyWarrior
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth."
    - John Locke

Blog Entries
    I've got a question for any readers of Dirge of Daedalus.

Why the heck do some people (not many thankfully) have such a problem with Enoch?
    Are these simply die-hard Lelouch fanboys/girls who dislike the idea of forcing Lelouch to learn how to be a hero under someone with more experience?

TVtropes has one of these Uber-critics in their listing for this fic.
    Right Here.

As an author, I find the term "Marty Stu/Mary Stu" to be quite offensive considering that this is only the 1st story of three.
    There's no way in hell Lelouch can take on Nemo, nor any other character except Enoch as these two are mortal enemies.
    Thus I find it aggravating that would-be-critics use this term in any fashion.
    I'm familiar with the actual Mary Stu story and it was very annyoying.
    The problem is this term is now being used as a cudgel against writers who would write stories in the classical style (with heros akin to Jason, Heracles, Odyessyus, Gideon, Thor, King Arthur, etc.).

Fortunately for my readers, I'm a really stubborn sod who doesn't let these things stop me from writing what I damn well please.
    However, I know writers who will not publish their work simply because of this stigma of the Marty/Mary Stu.
    That's bad for the literary world of fiction.
    I have news for these critics, mankind is NOT the greatest being out there.
    We are a weak race, both physically and morally.
    I find it inspiring to read about beings that embody the ideal virtues and vices (in the case of villians) that we humans both aspire to and fear.
    That's what Enoch and Nemo represent in totality.
    Enoch represents virtue: how we should act even when we don't want to.
    Nemo represents vice: how we should never act, especially when we want to.

Thus to all the critics that abuse the "Marty/Mary Stu" term, let me take this time to say FUCK YOU and your damn critique.

To all the aspiring writers who fear this label, I encourage you to ignore this stigma and write what you want.
    You may find that the majority of people will like what you write, so long as its a good story.
    Last edited by Kodai Okuda; 09-14-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Code Geass: Alpha and Omega discussion thread.

Discuss away.

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I'm kinda surprised no one has posted here yet.

I don't bite ya know and I'm not a bannaholic.
    Constructive critique is not only encouraged here, it's welcome.
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom)
    A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    Love the alpha and omega series.How long will it be?please dont tell me u will end it with only 13 chapters T_T its just so incredible!!!This is the best code geass fanfic i ever read!!!Oh,and you should read Code Geass r3 Zero's Requiem on Adult Swim its not that long and has lots of spam,ended long time ago too,but its still pretty good!And on ur free time, mind try drawing this cool idea i got on ur free time?its this Knightmare, it has these wing-like back connections,with feathers n stuff,and the feathers can detatch from the wing and used as a thing to block attacks,or attached with both close-quarters and ranged weapons.Transforms into a bird-like plane,beak of plane can fire a heavy laser,along with other stuffs.....OOH,u should call it the Pheonix!(Sorry if this is time-consuming or annoying,but i just wanted to talk out a idea)I might make my own thread,bu tim too lazy T_T

P.S.in Swim i was anime2754

A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    OOps,wrong post place.I messed up T_T sorry,its supposed to be in ur alpha&omega post
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

Rereading ch. 15, there's one issue that really hit me: Kallen is flanderized here in her hot-blooded tsundereness down to pseudo-jerk sue levels. While Lelouch can be very prideful, I thought she was overreacting, and that Lelouch was just being straightforward there. Besides, there weren't really any moments like that between them when he was leading her. Infact, for her, Lelouch as Zero was what helped keep up her morale, and the one person she would die for.

Sorry,

Love the alpha and omega series.How long will it be?please dont tell me u will end it with only 13 chapters T_T its just so incredible!!!This is the best code geass fanfic i ever read!!!Oh,and you should read Code Geass r3 Zero's Requiem on Adult Swim its not that long and has lots of spam,ended long time ago too,but its still pretty good!And on ur free time, mind try drawing this cool idea i got on ur free time?its this Knightmare, it has these wing-like back connections,with feathers n stuff,and the feathers can detatch from the wing and used as a thing to block attacks,or attached with both close-quarters and ranged weapons.Transforms into a bird-like plane,beak of plane can fire a heavy laser,along with other stuffs.....OOH,u should call it the Pheonix!(Sorry if this is time-consuming or annoying,but i just wanted to talk out a idea)I might make my own thread,bu tim too lazy T_T

P.S.in Swim i was anime2754
    P.S. no.2 Wrong place.Accidently put it in 1st season thread so re-posting.
    P.S.no.3 Wow,i gotta stop P.S.ing.Anyway, admin should be glad that Kodai is here and attracttin old fans.
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

Blog Entries
    I suppose that's true.
    I did intentionally flanderize her (using the Trope meaning) due to the Kalulu effect.
    Kallen was expressing the whole fanboy/girl KallenxLelouch obsession that I've personally encountered online, which is why at the end of that sequence Kallen goes through the litany of "conspiracy theories" about Lelouch being alive.
    It's a shout-out to fans in many ways.
    She's hot-blooded in the series without a doubt, especially if you count how many times (and on who) she unsheathes the knife she carries in her purse at Ashford.
    Kallen is certainly overreacting (and I'm happy you thought so because that was the intended effect) because of her own pent up frustration and obsession with Lelouch.
    Imagine if she actually did hear rumors of him being alive, and with CC no less.
    Kallen would be furious about it if it started to look like it might be true (not to the extent that I made her angry, but again there was a reason for that).
    Thus Kallen begins a slow and painful process of growing up from having the emotions of a young teenage girl obessed with the "Bad Boy" to a more mature woman that is looking for the "Right Guy."

I planned this story out from the very begining.
    It certainly has its flaws and mistakes, but overall it is working out the way I intended and the feedback I'm getting is better than I ever hoped for.

Thank you for reading.

And to both you azul120, and CodeGeassAddict, welcome to the forum.