Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Geass discussion Thread

Moderator rank = Yesod (foundational Acolyte) LadyWarrior's Avatar
    On the wrong planet, in the wrong time frame, and in the wrong body.
    Rai,
    I like your Code Geass fiction. If your aim was to set a mood, then I think you did that very well. It seems to describe two people who are completely comfortable with each other. I agree with Kodai that Kallen and Rai make a great pair, although I have to admit that I haven't played Lost Colors yet. I am basing my opinion on what people have told me about it and on Kodai's characterization of Rai in Dirge of Deadalus. The part that says he closed his eyes, possibly for the final time is intriguing - makes me wonder why you put that in there.

I also like your poem, but I have not seen the anime that you are referring to.

- LadyWarrior
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth."
    - John Locke

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's an update on Alpha and Omega.
    I'm on page 2.
    Yes I know that's horrible of me.
    However, I'm working on a new book cover for my Sci-Fi novel and getting it finalized.
    There's also Chapter 8 of the RPG, and the dice roller in php code (not too mention dealing with all these darn spammers).
    Thus I'm pretty busy right now.

I will try my hardest to have Chapter 5 of Alpha and Omega done by Sunday or Monday at the latest.

This next Chapter is called Blockade Runner and is going to have a great deal of combat in it.
    All things in moderation...

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom) Rai's Avatar
    Ahh, well actually, my poem isn't an anime or manga. Hakumen is from the 2D fighting game Blazblue. Although if Director Mori has his way, there will certainly be an anime of Blazblue out... for better or for worse.

I'm also flattered you all liked it.

although I have to admit that I haven't played Lost Colors yet.
    Actually most of my stories require some pre-awareness of what happens in Lost Colors.

SPOILER: Lost Colors 

This next Chapter is called Blockade Runner and is going to have a great deal of combat in it.
    Take it steady, Kodai. No need to rush. Even though you do have something of a fanbase, you won't disappoint them. :p No pressure, right? Don't worry.

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom)
    A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    Yay! I am finally putting Leolouch into the Fanfic! BTW, the Fanfiction section is turning more like into a Code Geass section now.Also, I am not very good at doing Leolouch, so feedback very much appreiciated!
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeGeassAddict View Post
    Yay! I am finally putting Leolouch into the Fanfic! BTW, the Fanfiction section is turning more like into a Code Geass section now.Also, I am not very good at doing Leolouch, so feedback very much appreiciated!
    Don't worry, I'll give constructive feedback as much as I am able as you add Lelouch to your new chapters.
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

Moderator rank = Yesod (foundational Acolyte) LadyWarrior's Avatar
    On the wrong planet, in the wrong time frame, and in the wrong body.
    CodeGeassAddict,
    I think Lelouch is confident just to the point of arrogance (but not actually being arrogant) and still very likeable as a person. He is never insulting to anyone else, but he won't let others stop him when he thinks he knows the best course of action to take.
    Hope that helps.
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth."
    - John Locke

Been away for awhile, but on the bottom of the discussion page for the Pantheon over at TVTropes, I've placed a submission for Ohgi as God of Character Derailment under the Fallen subcategory:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/remarks.p...TropePantheons

Let me know what you think, and what changes could be made.

Blog Entries
    I think you did an excellent job of decribing Ohgi (a la trope) to the proverbial "T".
    The "Lesser God of Character Derailment" is perfect for Kamine Ohgi.

I cannot find any errors in your assesment of Kamine.
    I'd say you covered all of the relevant information on his betrayal of Lelouch, his total state of being pussy-whipped, and unbelievable lack of honor for a Japanese national. ;)
    If I can think of any further changes I'll let you know azul120, but you seem to done a fine job all around.

Haha, thanks.

I'm just wondering if there's anything that could be better phrased or punned. (I think simply using "Judas" for the betrayal part of the portfolio is a little too general, and could be viewed as biased.)

Unfortunately, or fortunately perhaps, no replies as of yet.

I have, however, been caught in a bit of an edit war with someone else over Oghi and the ending on a couple of tropes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
    Haha, thanks.

I'm just wondering if there's anything that could be better phrased or punned. (I think simply using "Judas" for the betrayal part of the portfolio is a little too general, and could be viewed as biased.)

Unfortunately, or fortunately perhaps, no replies as of yet.

I have, however, been caught in a bit of an edit war with someone else over Oghi and the ending on a couple of tropes.
    The only pun I can think of that would fit Ohgi better than Judas would be Brutus, Lelouch is more of a Julius Caesar than a Jesus type, though the argument could be made that he fits both.

The betrayal by the Black Knights is akin to the senate stabbing Julius Caesar in the back in order to strip him of his power for their own purposes.
    Judas betrayed Jesus to save his own skin.
    The BKs wanted Japan as part of the deal with Schneizel, thus there was a political component that might fit the Julius Caesar scenario better than the Judas one.
    Because of Ohgi, Lelouch did recieve an Et tu Brute moment.
    Just a thought.

Congrats on moving up a rank BTW.