Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Geass discussion Thread

Moderator rank = Yesod (foundational Acolyte) LadyWarrior's Avatar
    On the wrong planet, in the wrong time frame, and in the wrong body.
    Don't apologize, CodeGeassAddict, especially since schoolwork is more important. I have so much stuff to do also that it's no big deal. At least I can keep up with it. I like your story, you jump right into the action!
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth."
    - John Locke

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom)
    A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    Thank you.Currently,Raika is having a combonation of Justice Gundam(Gundam Seed),Impulse's anti-ship swords(Seed Destiny),and the Guren,only with a lance instead of the arm.
    4th genertion units are tougher than 16th genertions btw-cause the types are different.Support ships hold the MS's,and otherships are combat-use.
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just finished both chapters 4 and 5.

Excellent as always CodeGeassAddict.

I like the idea of combining Gundam style mobile suits in the Code Geass world.
    If I'm not mistaken the KnightMares are also called mobile suits in Nightmare of Nunnally?
    I could be wrong on that one.
    Hey, if you're looking for inspirational art for your story, check out these two places.

Light House Mechanics (zenseava is the friggin best of the best for space warships).

AND

Gears Online Five Star Stories entry (Nagano Mamoru is king of mobile suit design IMHO).

Keep up the great work.
    I look forward to your next chapter.
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

Moderator rank = Yesod (foundational Acolyte) LadyWarrior's Avatar
    On the wrong planet, in the wrong time frame, and in the wrong body.
    Now that I have finished copyediting Dirge of Daedalus, I would like to post my thoughts on the fan fiction story.

IT WAS AWESOME!!! I LOVED IT!!!
    There were a lot of witty remarks and moments between all of the characters which made it very fun to read (and I read it twice).

Some highlights...
    * I liked that you didn't overuse the Geass power with any of the characters and how the "bad guys" used it more often than Lelouch did. I thought that was a nice touch since in the anime series, Lelouch's use of his Geass power was a little ridiculous. I realize he was portrayed as brilliant and a master of chess (and therefore, strategy), but it did get a bit convoluted...Wyle E. Lelouch, Suuuper Genius!
    * I loved the honor portrayed between Akira and Jason - very cool.
    * Well done with Lloyd and Rakshata. Always trying to outdo each other and with Lloyd being obsessed with his machines and totally oblivious to the fact that his behavior is extremely rude when dealing with actual human beings.
    * You made Kallen a much cooler character than in the anime. She was too loud and obnoxious, but I did like that she was an ace pilot/warrior in both the anime and your story. It makes sense though since she is older in your story and therefore more calm, cool, and collected (except when it deals with Lelouch!!!)
    * Excellent job with Zero. You made it seem like he jumped out of the series and into your story. I also like him maturing with Enoch's help and becoming more of a man. He is a more likeable character in your story because he becomes more humble/less arrogant and has feelings now instead of being a cold, calculating (don't forget selfish) jerk. Remember, Lelouch did all that he did until the Zero Requiem so that HE could kill HIS father, not so that poeple would have better lives.
    * And last but not least, Enoch is just the most awesome character ever!!!!

Thanks for writing.
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth."
    - John Locke

A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    I cant type or draw as well as Kodai-san. But i can still try, and now that i have free time i'm going to explain the weapons/stuff.
    Shadowslayer's weapon tip is flat,and that part is guren-like.It triples as a powerful laser cannon, a energy lance, and a guren's arm.
    Supportships hold knightmares.Other classes do too,but supports are based on knightmare holding(or MS)And they have only light weaponary.
    Lakshidens are standard troops with a sword on left-hip,a cannon(Ballistic) on the left shoulder,a lance on the back and a laser gun with a standard shield.\
    Xanxuses are more advanced heavy troops with a lance-gun ijn the right arm and a heavy shield, duel laser cannons on both shoulders and swords on both hips.
    My men use Lakshidens and Exiled MS's.
    Exiled are elite troops that normally form Cloud's personal troop. They have a sword on the right-hip and two small missile launchers for each shoulder,making four light-rocket launchers.They are armed with light armor upgraded wings and close-range shotguns with explosive lasers and a strong knife at the front.
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

Now that i'm onto this,lemee explain Cloud's ship.
    The name of the ship is Anaklusmos,greek for tiide that takes one by suprise.It can be disguised as a normal travel ship but has hidden weaponary.As for the Knightmares,peopel whould think its a light guard troop.
    Arcon lasers are interception blasters,used to destroy nearby MS's and/or take out missile units.
    Xen lasers are anti-ship and anti-MS long-range laser cannons.
    Kel shields are a level of shield.If described in Kodai-san's it's efficency would be between the Golden Fleece shields and the Absolute Defence Territory.
    Main cannon is heat-generated,so near useless in high-huminity areas.It is stronger than Hadron cannons(Much) But is rather weak near water.
    Anti-ship missiles are just strong missiles that dig into hostile shields/hull and explode.Anti-MS are missiles that explode near to a target and send out a dozen smaller homing missiles.

(Please review more, i want feedback :D and dont worry about Cloud being to powerful-soon that will change)

Also, i made Cloud into a sort-of-like Enoch character, but in some ways completely different.
    Last edited by CodeGeassAddict; 10-15-2010 at 04:56 AM.

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just and update on Alpha and Omega:

Due to circumstances in Real Life (i.e. work, automobile, and coding the D30 RPG into HTML for this website) I'm behind on chapter 4 for Alpha and Omega.
    It's about half way done and should be finished by this coming Sunday at the earliest or next wednesday at the latest.

@CodeGeassAddict:

Looks good so far, but you need to go back and check your English spelling.
    I realize that English may be a second or third language for you, but some of your mistakes (especially with verbs) makes it difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

For Example (from Chapter 6):

Crewman:Barely any, sir!
    Raika:Chagre the main cannon!
    Crewman:Sir!10%...30%....50%....60%....80%....100% ...
    Raika:Dont stop, continue!
    Crewman:140% Ant moew and the ship will fall apart sir!
    Raika:FIRE!

I assume that you meant to write "Charge the main cannon!" and "Any More..."
    I had to reread that a few times to understand what you were trying to relay.
    Please, there is no rush to post, take your time and try to get the spelling correct.
    If you have trouble, post here in this thread and ask questions.
    I'll help you with English if I can.
    If not, LadyWarrior (who is way better at English than I am) might be willing to do so also if you ask her politely.
    All things in moderation...

Thank you for the feedback. And yes, it is my third language(First Korean, second Chinese)And i greatly appreiciate it. As for the rush job, i am piled up on homework but still wish to post, so i suppose i made some mistakes.

In retrospect, I must confess I agree with you to a certain extent.
    The horrors that Britannia put upon the Japanese people would certainly make a person of her character justified in their anger towards the oppressive state.
    I agree that she needed a Moe Couplet (and definitely not Gino, I've changed my mind on that for good).
    This is why I am in agreement with Rai (Arbitres) that the Lost Colors character Rai would have made a good pairing for Kallen.
    He's not like Lelouch in that he's not weighed down by a Morality Pet, yet he is very much like Lelouch in his temperment and abilities.

It didn't help Kallen that Lelouch had a Morality Pet which I think is what interfered with Lelouch's ability to have a girlfriend, period (although I'm not so sure Okouchi meant for the story to be that way).
    Kallen reminds me of an older Asuka Langley from NGE.
    Since Taniguichi admitted that Geass was loosely inspired by NGE, it is possible that Kallen owes some of her character traits to Asuka.
    Except that Asuka was a complete wreck of a human being, especially by the time she got mind raped.

I love it when you disagree.
    Because you have this way of enlightening me on what I get wrong some of the time.
    This time I do agree with you.
    Again upon a second look I can see her reasons for being angry although in S1 she is portrayed as ready to kill any Britannian at any moment she needs to, which is understandable considering what Britannia would do to her if they knew she was a terrorist.
    I agree that an Apologetic Attacker would have totally ruined Kallen as a character.
    I like her from the standpoint of being a rebel with a cause that's fighting insurmountable odds.
    What I don't like is this push to pair her with Lelouch.
    I suppose it's because Kallen fell in love with the idea of Zero, not who or what Lelouch actually was, and R2 was so badly executed from a story standpoint that it's hard to see a reasonable relationship developing between them.
    Her comforting Lelouch was no different then when CC did so after Lelouch killed Euphie.
    Now, that's not to say one couldn't have developed, but due to the timeslot change and thus changes in the storyline, nothing substantial was established between them.
    Only Shirley had any real romantic development with Lelouch in R2.
    C.C. had about as much as Kallen did in R2 as well, with the unfinished business of her wish sort of flying out the window to usher in the Zero Requiem.
    To me that's a pity because a love triangle between them would have made a nice shout-out to the older style of anime writing.
    But the story is at it is, and our poor boy Lelouch perished a virgin with no Official Couple at the end because Taniguichi wanted us to "decide for ourselves."
    Happy to be of service.

Actually, Kallen did find common ground in Lelouch in that they both were fighting against Britannia in memory of someone (Naoto for Kallen, and Marianne for Lelouch), and on behalf of beloved family members (Kallen fought for her mother and once again, for her brother's dream, and Lelouch fought for his sister, Nunnally), and were both Defectors from Decadence. So from those alone, there's plenty for Kallen to fall for Lelouch himself, and that's exactly why she found himself falling for him without the mask after she found out he was Zero.

Anyways, about the 1.0 thing for DoD, is that for potential re-edits or anything?

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I meant that superficially Kallen and Asuka are similar.
    They're both hot headed red-heads.
    They're both mecha pilots.
    Both have toubled relationships with their mothers.
    Both have a guy they like that is very flawed (although Shinji is far more flawed than Lelouch in some ways).
    Both survive at the end of their respective series.
    Both are apart of a love triangle (or in Kallen's case a quadrangle).
    There are differences of course, since there have to be for many reasons I shant get into.

As for Dirge of Daedalus.
    The 1.0 means that the story is now edited for spelling, grammar, and style.
    I do not intend on changing the storyline as I'm satisfied where it went and what it achieved.
    The only thing I had considered was having Gino and Kallen be married at the begining of the story, but I dropped that idea after playing Lost Colors and getting introduced to Rai who I feel is a much better match for Kallen.
    Last edited by Kodai Okuda; 10-17-2010 at 11:23 PM.
    All things in moderation...