Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Code Geass discussion Thread

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom) xX_FLAR3_Xx's Avatar
    In the cracks of space watching the multiverses take shape
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF THIS:

http://www.anime-access.com/articles...ukoku_no_Akito

SOMEBODY TELL ME THAT THIS IS NOT FAKE OR I AM GOING TO....Well I don't know what I am going to do,but I know I will faint if it is real!

Seeing how we get new people on to this project (especially people from those popular anime's) this is going to be a wonderful thing. Though I hope they don't bring Lelouch back (I'd be lying if I wasn't hope just a little for him to show up).
    "Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack."-Sun Tzu

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom)
    Mistranslation.

The new series takes place circa the Black Rebellion.

BTW Kodai, I remembered you didn't initially see the reasons for the Ohgi/Villetta hate via one of your earlier posts on animesuki, haha.

Couldn't help but leave a review of a just posted fanfiction of Cornelia's faction circa the staged execution.
    Last edited by azul120; 07-18-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are correct sir.

I didn't see it as bad the first time I watched the series because I was so immersed in what Lelouch was doing.
    Once I got back the initial "Wow" factor of the series and watched it a few times, it became increasingly clear just how treacherous Ougi was.
    Villetta I can almost give a pass too because she was portrayed as a diabolical bitch from the begining.
    All things in moderation...

Well, not diabolical so much as selfish and deceptive. I too didn't pay her as much mind until I had a little more time to view the chain of events in retrospect. Still, I remember she already got her share of hate, along with Ohgi, following the betrayal.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a CLAMP style artwork of her as a succubus, lol.

Plus, this is practically her theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39lizUf71VY
    Last edited by azul120; 07-19-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, "Poison" is definitely her song.

She'd make a very convincing succubus...seriously.
    Villetta sucked the honor, sense, and loyalty right out of Ougi, so I can see a series revolving around a character based on her CLAMP style.

You mean about a character who, in the midst of a rebellion, seeks a better life, even though she's on the side of the oppressors, and will go through almost any means necessary? I can definitely see Villetta as succubus being invoked there, haha.

Didn't she tell Ohgi that she was part of the OSI watching over Lelouch right before the betrayal? If he didn't object, then he's an even bigger tool and hypocrite than I thought.

Oh, and here's a link of how I view Ohgi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJJ6o4eYynU

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whenever I hear this song I think of Ougi...I don't know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFt0...eature=related

He's so pussywhipped its sick!

And this makes me think of Tamaki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-_S95Skwo
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

Heh heh heh.

More to the point, the metaphor I was driving at was basically Leno bumping Conan from the Tonight Show, which I thought paralleled, to a frightening degree, Ohgi's responsibility for Lelouch getting screwed over, and getting the happy ending instead. Infact, when Leno returned to the Tonight Show, the ending of Code Geass was one of the first things I thought of, and I subsequently hated it even more.

Blog Entries
    I agree.
    Ougi did screw over Lelouch for a piece of arse IMHO.
    While Lelouch was a jerk as well (just rewatched "Bloodstained Euphie" again), in his own way, he never took it out on the Black Knights.
    For all the times he used them like pawns, he did save their bacon more.
    The fact that he was only using them isn't nearly as bad as them betraying him IMO.
    They were all adults who were willingly fighting againt Britannia.
    Without Lelouch they would have died in Shinjiku ghetto, so they were only alive due to him anyway.
    Tohdoh and the Four Holy Swords are another matter entirely.
    They never trusted Zero/Lelouch from the begining, so I can see them betraying him in the end, but not Ougi and the others.

Yes.

And at the very least Lelouch tended to have a sense of remorse when he knew he screwed up. Euphie? Never lived it down, and took full responsibility for it, rather than use the excuse that his Geass went out of control. (Which would have debunked the False Flag Operation myth, and possibly kept Schneizel from turning everyone on him.)

Plus, there was a mutual agreement that they were using Lelouch as well.

In the end, I cannot see how this was a good end, or that Lelouch was doing the right thing, let alone properly atoning. I mean, it's completely glossed over that he's doing more damage with the Requiem than he did with the rebellion. Any explanation other than insanity is pure nonsense, and there's nothing to prove he doesn't have other options.

Now, in a continuation of the storyline, such as yours, they could realize the error of their ways and redeem themselves. Until then though, I have no choice but to hold Ohgi and Villetta in particular in contempt.

P. S. I guess you're not familiar with the Leno/Conan thing, but the Leno defense force is so similar to the Ohgi defense force it's scary.