View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Jhararo's All the Galaxy's Warships Vol. 5: Spacecraft Design Concepts (part 2)

Welcome to the May issue of Jhararo's All the Galaxy's Warships, the digital database dedicated to the study of mechanical devices, weapons, vehicles, and other machines of the known galactic nations.

This Month's Issue: PART 2 Earth Federal Republic (EFR) spacecraft design concepts of the 1st Interplanetary War era.

INTRODUCTION TO PART 2

The spacecraft of the Earth Federal Republic were initially designed in 2063 and were in prototype ...
  2. Groom and Doom: A Greek Love Story by Theresa Braun - Review *****

Those Damn In-Laws!

Angela and Stavros are a loving couple engaged to be married in a traditional Greek ceremony that will take place in Crete, the homeland of her fiancé's family. Told from Angela's perspective, it is an account of one woman's journey through her wedding and honeymoon in the shadow of Georgius, Stavros's father, who seems unwilling to accept her into his life. Groom and Doom is an intimate portrait of Angela's hopes and fears in the face of an uncertain future. ...

Updated 02-04-2013 at 03:40 AM by Nikki

Categories
    Featured
  3. Who Was John Campbell?

That's a good question...I hope this short article will answer it for most people.
    To better understand the concept of Campbellian science fiction, one must understand who John Campbell was and how he viewed the genre of Sci-Fi.
    John Woods Campbell Jr. began his career in Sci-Fi writing as a young student attending the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1930 with two stories published in the pulp fanzine of the day Amazing. Oddly enough, his first short story appeared in ...
  4. Premium Independent Science Fiction

The following is a compilation of the best science fiction books offered by Independent publishers and authors. This list is not a "top (insert number here)" type list and is based not only on basic grammatical editing criteria but also story content. It will grow as I read and review new books of the SF genre. New listings will be added to this post as I complete them. Individual reviews for SF books (even those that do not make this list) will be posted in the ...
  5. Rune Logic

Book Review:

Rune Logic by Leslie Woodsdavis

Review by Kodai Okuda:

Let me start by saying that I rarely give reviews for a book, and when I do judge Science Fiction I do so using the Campbellian model.
    That model being the kinds of science fiction that John Woods Campbell of Astounding magazine published and/or wrote.
    In short, I determine whether it's Hard SF or not and will rate it accordingly.
    I dislike Soft SF (unless it is ...
    Categories
    The Art of Writing
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast